9.14.2012

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....

What the heck?
How is it already Friday. Again?

I swear to you I go to be bed Monday night and suddenly the week flies by in a blur of homework, laundry, physical therapy, work, and last minute dinners and then BAM! Just like that it's 2 p.m. on a Friday afternoon and I'm sitting in my kitchen baking cookies and thinking "hmmm...guess I have some blogs to write."

Geesh.

So, how has your week been?

Mine has been just dandy.
[insert minor note of sarcasm]
No, really.
It's been a mix of good and bad. 

Monday I was diagnosed with bronchitis.
Again.
This should not come as a surprise to anyone who knows me.
I will get bronchitis MANY times again between now and May.
I really think moving to Florida would alleviate this.
Now to convince my husband of the same.

Monday was also the day that I applied to the Walt Disney World Moms Panel.
Again.
For the sixth time.
But hey, sixth time is the charm, right?

In all seriousness though....this Moms Panel has been a dream of mine since September 2007 when they first announced the panel's creation. Over the years I have been lucky enough to build incredible friendships with people I've met during the annual application process. And back in 2009 I was lucky enough to move on to "round 2" ... and if I'm being totally honest here, I'd really like to make it that far (and beyond) this year. We shall see what happens.

As the week comes to a close, I'm also nearing the end of my physical therapy for that pesky Achilles tendon issue. Long story short - the PT is not working. I'm still having pain. And I still can't walk for an extended period of time without pain and swelling. So...I go back to the foot doctor next week and frankly, I'm dreading it. He said he would consider putting me in a cast if the PT didn't work.

Really?
Me. In a cast?
For several weeks?
No way, no how.
We'll see about that.

 So yeah that just about sums up my week, if you throw in some random stuff like "what's for dinner tonight?", the job (that really doesn't suck so much this week), cleaning out the "plastic container cupboard" (I had to before "Hoarders" showed up at my house!), and other fun things like that.

Ah, the fishbowl...it's not always exciting, but I just keep swimming.....

No comments:

Post a Comment