3.18.2006

Bad patient

I'll be the first to admit it - I am a horrible sick person. I hate being sick. It annoys me, frustrates me and generally puts me in an all-around crappy mood.

So, imagine my sheer joy today when the doctor diagnosed me with strep throat.

I started feeling ill yesterday - but just thought it was a sore throat. I took some Motrin during the day and some Nyquil at night and figured I'd be better today. That is until I woke up this morning and could barely swallow. So, I made a trip to the doctor's office and walked out with the diagnosis above and an Rx for Penicillin.

Yea, fun.

I haven't been sick like this in quite a while. Sure, I've had the occassional cold or minor sore throat, but STREP??? C'mon...give me a break.

Kevin says I should get my tonsils removed. Yeah, that's a great idea...because I'm such a good patient. He must be joking -- or at least doesn't remember how miserable I was after my last surgery [the C-section for Olivia. Ok, a bit more serious, but still...]. Doctors, surgery and me -- not a good mix.

So, now I'm dosing up on Penicillin, 800 mgs of Motrin every 8 hours, apple juice and sugar-free Kool-Aid. It totally sucks. I've had oatmeal, scrambled eggs and ice cream today. Mmmm...Yeah, I'd rather be eating pizza or even a reuben with the left-over corned beef from yesterday.

As I said, I HATE being sick.

Well, off to get more Kool-Aid and take some more Motrin.

No comments:

Post a Comment