4.24.2006

Monday musings

And the countdown continues...
Four more days. My heart starts racing just from typing those words. It was much easier to ignore the bar exam last month, when the release date for the scores was still weeks away. Now, it's in four days. Scores will be online sometime between 7 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.

Not sure if I want to get out of bed on Friday.

Maybe we'll have a power outage and I won't be able to use the computer. And the phones lines will go out too, so I wouldn't be able to call and get my scores. (Not that I'd ever call to find out - imagine giving the person on the other end of the line your name and then hearing a looooooooooong pause and "oh sorry...your name is not on the list." Ouch.).

But I guess it's inevitable. I have to get my scores. And then I have to face reality.

Passing = PARTY TIME! Failing = been there, done that.

I'm trying to be optimistic about it and philosophical - you know, it's out of my hands, nothing I can do about it, yadda-yadda-yadda. It's not working. I'm being cynical and taking sleeping pills.

Yard decorations
Next Tuesday is the primary election and several of our neighbors have election signs in their front yards. That's all well and good. However, on my walk tonight I saw a rather interesting yard sign.

It said Kerry/Edwards. Yeah, that Kerry and Edwards.

Hmmmm...last time I checked those guys lost the election. IN 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This homeowner must have been devastated when the Dems lost the presidency (I know I was)....but it's time to take down the sign.
Those guys aren't going to win. There isn't going to be a recount.

YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WITH A KERRY/EDWARDS SIGN STILL IN YOUR YARD.

IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY.

It's a sad looking sign too. The blues and reds are now yellows and greens. I'll have to take my camera phone next time and take a picture to post. I guess some folks just can't let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment