11.07.2006

Happy Election Day

Don't forget....get out there today and cast your ballot! It's rainy and miserable here in NW Ohio, but we don't vote outside, so the weather shouldn't matter much. (And really, just take an umbrella and walk quickly to get into your polling place).

I am voting this afternoon after I'm finished teaching for the day.

And then tonight, I'll be working my first election as a journalist since 1994. I'm helping out in the newsroom at the Toledo Free Press. The editor and I decided I was too pregnant to go around town chasing the candidates (believe me, I AM too pregnant!)...so I will be updating the Web site as the numbers come in from the Board of Elections. It should be fun! I'll give you all an update tomorrow.

UPDATE ON ELECTION DAY STUFF.....

All right, I just read a story about problems occurring with voting in several states.

In part, this is just one of many problems being reported: In Cleveland, voters rolled their eyes as election workers fumbled with new touchscreen machines that they couldn't get to start properly until about 10 minutes after polls opened.

For full story click here.

OK people, c'mon.....don't you think these poll workers should have been trained before election day? I really don't think they should be fumbling with the new touchscreen machines.

Geez....

No comments:

Post a Comment