11.17.2006

Let the insomnia begin

Please note the time of this blog: it's 2:42 a.m.

Yep, that's right. I'm wide awake and it's the middle of the night.

The pregnancy-induced insomnia has begun. Of course, maybe I had too much caffeine today. I did have 2 diet cokes at dinner (one is usually my limit, but the waitress at Mancy's snuck one in on me).

Sleep is becoming very difficult lately. I can't get comfortable. I'm surrounded by pillows. I'm having hot flashes. It's all very unpleasant. I borrowed a few "wedge" pillows from my sister. They don't work. I'm still uncomfortable.

The pillow situation is getting worse, I think. I sleep on 3 pillows. Then I have one pillow stationed between my knees -- to help my hips. Then I have one behind my back and one sort of gently tucked under my ever-expanding belly. Honestly, I'm surrounded by pillows. Kevin couldn't touch me if he wanted to. Poor guy.

I've taken up sleeping on the couch. It's very lonely. But it makes my back feel better.

But tonight, nothing is working. I started out on the couch. Moved upstairs to bed at 1:20. Tossed and turned until 2:30 and am now still blogging at 2:46 a.m. My husband and daughter are both snoring. Lucky them.

Maybe there's something good on television. Doubt it. I guess I could raid the kitchen, but I'm not really hungry. If I don't get some sleep soon, I'm going to be one cranky chic later today. And, I can't take anything to help me sleep. No Simply Sleep. No Tylenol P.M. Nothing.

Sigh...........

Well, I'm headed back to the couch. Guess I'll try channel surfing for a bit. At least I won't be alone...Emma is awake too -- kicking and rolling around like mad. Like mother, like daugther I guess. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment