12.13.2006

Christmas and the politically correct

It's that time of year again...time for the politically correct among us to be offended by one tiny phrase.....Merry Christmas!

And so, while I don't intend to offend anyone, I'd like to extend my holiday greeting to all of you: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, not Happy Holidays. Merry Christmas. That's the greeting you will get from me this year. I'm not one of those politically correct holiday greeters who insist that "Happy Holidays" is the "right" greeting at this time of year.

I saw an article in the paper today about a rabbi who threatened to sue the Seattle-Tacoma Airport because they only had Christmas trees displayed and no menorahs. The airport actually removed all the offensive trees, fearing a lawsuit - but then regained their senses apparently and put the trees back in the rightful places.

Now really, a lawsuit over Christmas trees? Yes, that's certainly in line with the whole "holiday spirit" thing.

I could go on and on about this whole Merry Christmas v. Happy Holidays politically correct holiday greeting debate and all the nonesense that goes along with it.

But, I'd prefer that you read this instead. CNN's Lou Dobbs sums it up in a nice, neatly wrapped package.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment