12.21.2006

Where is Clay Aiken when you need him?

OK, I get that Rosie is a co-host of "The View"....which means she can spout off on just about anything - whether she knows what she is talking about or not. But really, I think her mouth usually works before her brain and this leads to many, many episodes where she comes off as just mouthy, annoying and well, stupid.

She used to be semi-entertaining on her own talk show when she was gushing about how much she loved certain celebrites.

Now, she's just a pain in the ass.

First, she had to insert herself into the Clay/Kelly feud and basically tried to "out" Clay Aiken. Thankfully, that whole thing went away quickly.

Now, she has decided to take on Donald Trump with regard to the whole Miss USA fiasco. (And really, how STUPID do you have to be to challenge Donald Trump? The man owns half of New York City. And he's a shark. He will eat you for lunch.)

Long story short - Trump (who owns the whole Miss USA organization) has decided to give party-girl-gone-bad Miss USA 2006 a second chance and has sent her to rehab. Rosie, who apparently knows everything about everything, verbally attacked Trump and said his news conference on Tuesday "annoyed her on a multitude of levels." Her dumbest quote: "Donald, sit and spin, my friend."

Full story here.

I'd like to say for the record that Rosie annoys me on a multitude of levels.

But, I LOVE Trump's response - mainly because it's so, well, childish - and out of character for a mogul like Trump:

"Rosie O'Donnell is disgusting, I mean both inside and out," Trump shot back on the syndicated entertainment show "The Insider."

"Take a look at her, she's a slob. She talks like a truck driver. ... Her show failed when it was a talk show, she failed on that. The ratings went very, very low and very bad and she got essentially thrown off television. Her magazine was a total catastrophe, she got sued. ...

"I never went bankrupt, but she said I went bankrupt. So probably I'll sue her because it would be fun. I'd like to take some money out of her fat-ass pockets," he said.

In my opinion, both Trump and Rosie are acting like children. Rosie needs to learn some self-restraint and Trump, well...he should know better. He should have just said "she's a moron" and left it at that. No need to resort to all the name-calling, as entertaining as it is.

But this situation leaves me to wonder - did Clay Aiken attempt to shut up the wrong TV co-host? Perhaps it's time someone put their hand over Rosie's mouth. My vote: Barbara Walters. Now that is a smackdown I'd love to witness. [Or, let Aiken be a guest co-host for just one day on The View.....then the real fireworks could begin!]

No comments:

Post a Comment