2.17.2007

The end (of the world) is near

I really think that the end of the world is upon us.

Case in point: two of the top stories on my Yahoo homepage today were: "Britney shaves her head and gets a tattoo" and "Vanilla Ice is back...and he's rapping".

Seriously. It is the end of civilization as we know it when things like that make news.

It's not enough that every news outlet in the world has spent the past nine days leading with stories on Anna Nicole Smith. (The Insider and Entertainment Tonight might as well change their names to the "Anna Nicole Smith Tragedy Update Show" -- that is ALL they are talking about).

Now we have to contend with stories about freaky Britney and her new G.I. Jane 'do...and come to grips with the return of Vanilla Ice?

I don't think I can handle it. I'm moving to a deserted island where there are no tabloids and no E! News.

3 comments:

  1. I was (reluctantly) watching the Insider (or something) and they were talking about what Anna Nicole Smith would be wearing as her burial outfit.

    Yeah, read that last sentence again.

    It's true. It was awful. I couldn't believe it. As if that is even remotely necessary or worthy of reporting on. Or anyone's damn business.

    It hurt my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think I need to impose a moratorium on watching any "entertainment" news programs for a while. They are hurting my head too.

    ReplyDelete