3.05.2007

I think this is a FABULOUS idea

Read this today -

Ohio lawmakers want to tag sexual predators with bright green license plates.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Lawmakers want to take another crack at tagging certain sexual predators, now that they've got a license plate color - fluorescent green - that no one seems to object to.

State Sen. Kevin Coughlin and Rep. Michael DeBose introduced identical bills Wednesday that would require the most serious sexual offenders to place the plates on their cars for at least five years. The bills would require all habitual and child-oriented convicted sex offenders to display the easy-to-spot tags.


I think this is a GREAT idea.

I know that if I saw someone driving through my neighborhood with a bright green license plate, I would take notice.

A license plate that acts as a scarlet letter for sex offenders. Why didn't someone think of this sooner?

Full story, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment