6.11.2007

Things that irk me, #8,965

OK, well I just discovered that I REALLY didn't get that job that I interviewed for on May 24th.

[Yes, I had pretty much resigned myself to that fact....but now I have actual proof].

I was reading the Toledo Free Press online and as I came to the end of the column I was reading it said "So-and-so is the public information officer for The XYZ Partnership". (I'm not using actual names here....because I don't feel like it).

I was not really shocked -- I had already assumed I didn't get hired -- but I am pissed off.

Seriously. HOW FREAKIN' HARD WOULD IT HAVE BEEN TO SEND ME A DAMN REJECTION LETTER?

I mean really. How unprofessional. How irritating.

I took time out of my day to go to their interview -- the LEAST they could do was take 5 minutes and send me a rejection letter.

I get that everyone is so busy these days. Guess what I'm busy too. But find the time in your oh-so-busy schedule to communicate with the people who interviewed with you. It's common courtesy if nothing else.

In a way, I'm glad I didn't get the job. I don't think I want to work for someone who can't manage just a little bit of professionalism and courtesy. I've been down that road before....not doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment