8.10.2009

So over it

The weather today is h.o.t. HOT.

Temperature at 2 p.m. - 87 degrees. Heat index is 92. And it's humid. My least favorite type of weather. If I wanted to live where it was this HOT, I'd move to Florida.

The weather today has left me with this realization - I am over summer.

Totally and completely over it. Done. Finished.

I'm ready for fall to be here. I'm ready for apples, pumpkins, Halloween decorations and sweaters.

I'm over heat and humidity and sunscreen and summer clothes.

September 22nd is the first day of fall. I cannot wait.

[And yes, please remind me of this in February when I'm droning on about how tired I am of winter and snow storms and ice.]

This whole "I'm over summer" frame of mind has led to me think of other things that have worn out their welcome:

- ANY "news" story about Michael Jackson. Or his kids. Or who might be the father of those kids. This is NOT news, dear editors of the world. Please report on something that IS news.

- The Gosselins. All 10 of them. Yes, I included the eight adorable kids. Why? Because at least one parental unit must be with them at all times and they both annoy me to no end, and therefore I don't want to see anything about any Gosselin.

- Unemployment. Yep, I'm over this too. I am tired of filing my weekly claim. I'm tired of the complete lack of worthy jobs. I'm just tired of not working. This will not change until I find a job.

- Gray hair. Oh my goodness....my hair is going gray so fast and I can't figure out why that is. I guess it could be all the negative vibes that I give out (HA!) or it could be because I'm an overly-stressed Type-A personality or...it could just be because I AM GETTING OLD. Yeah, I'm sure that's what it is. [A friend said today "38 is the new 37." I wonder what that makes 37? The new 36?]

I'm easy to please.

All I want is cooler temps, less gray hair, relevant news stories and a job.

Is that too much to ask?

4 comments:

  1. I have never liked summer and it is by far my least favorite of the seasons...yes even to winter. I don't care about cute summer clothes, or wearing flip flops, or going to the pool when it is over 80 outside and hot and humid.

    I will say this though, I have been very happy that this summer has been pretty mild so far. I personally have loved this summer with the exception of a few warmer days. However my fear is that the hot weather will stay through August AND September and we will not get much of a fall at all. Hopefully that is not the case as Fall is my favorite season!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep. i agree. i can handle it when it's about 80 and i can have the A/C turned off. but heat and humidity? no thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love summer but wanted to punch the people who were saying how this summer has sucked (referring to the nice 70 degree weather).

    90 and humid? Get a life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll take 70 any day over 90 and humid.

    90 and humid = bad hair day!

    ReplyDelete