10.06.2009

Wishing and hoping and waiting



Today MIGHT be THE DAY.

It might be the day that the e-mail goes out alerting wanna-be Mom's Panelists that they have made it to the second round.

Then again, today might NOT be that day.

Either way, I'm having a hard time concentrating on much today. I am obsessively checking my e-mail. I freak every time my Blackberry chirps at me, alerting me of a new message. I am staying 'online' at the one Disney board that I frequent. I'm on Twitter.

I am totally CONNECTED today.

And I know I'm not alone. There are 20,000 people out there waiting to hear if they've 'made it' to Round 2.

Yes, I said TWENTY THOUSAND.

Have I mentioned that only TEN people are going to be chosen for this year's Mom's Panel?

You do the math. My odds, in a word, suck.

And yet here I am .... fretting over something that will likely not occur.

But I have to keep wishing and hoping and waiting until the time comes when I know FOR CERTAIN that it's not meant to be this year. And when (if) that time comes, I'll move on and try again next year.

For now, I will keep clicking "check mail".

Because, when you wish upon a star......

------------------------------
6:16 pm update: So far, today was not 'the day'.

And if you want a glimpse into what it's all about, check out this video featuring the 2009 panelists.

2 comments:

  1. not to make your Blackberry chirp sending you this message :) but.... please update us immediately if you find out. Oh, keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!! I would be so happy for you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much! :)

    so far, nothing today. most of us have decided that today is NOT "the" day. :)

    ReplyDelete