9.15.2011

It's a chili day

Yes, I said it's a chili day.
Although, it is also a chilly September day.

What is going on with the weather?
Last week it was HOT again.
And tonight, it's going to be 39 degrees.
I refuse to turn on the furnace in September.
That's what extra blankets are for.
(Yep, mother of the year, that's me.)

So, anyway....

It's chilly outside.
And I'm sick.
(Yes, still. Moving on.)
Plus, I don't feel like cooking dinner tonight. I'd rather curl up on the couch with my laptop and the latest issue of US Weekly.

Therefore, it's a Crock Pot dinner night.
Main course - my "almost world famous" chili.

And because I love my readers, here is the not-so-top-secret recipe:

(The amounts of beef, kidney beans and tomato sauce are based on personal preference ... I only use 1 can kidney beans because I don't like them and 3 cans tomato sauce to cut the heat).

Chili
1 to 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained

1 or 2 cans dark red kidney beans (do NOT drain)

2 or 3 cans tomato sauce

1 jar Tony Packo's Super Charged Chili Recipe**

Brown ground beef. Drain. Add to Crock Pot. Combine with kidney beans, tomato sauce and Tony Packo's Super Charged Chili Recipe. Cook on low for several hours. (You can cook on low all day or for as little as 4 hours).

**You can find the Super Charged Chili from Tony Packo's at Tony Packo's restaurants in Toledo, at Kroger stores (locally in northwest Ohio) or online here http://tonypacko.com/pickles.php.

So there you have it.
A chili recipe for those chilly days.
Enjoy!

NOTE: My mom emailed me tonight and said I didn't give her props for this recipe. (OK, she actually didn't use the word "props" ... but whatever). So here it is - this recipe is originally my mom's. I borrowed it. So now it's mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment