2.02.2012

Oh wells and what ifs

So here we are...second day of February. Funny, it feels a lot like the last day of January to me. And if we're being honest, it feels a lot like December. And November. Same stuff, different month. 


No, I'm not TRYING to be cynical. I'm actually happy right now .. it's just that so far this year isn't much different than the end of 2011. I'm still looking for the "right" job ... and no, I'm not willing to take "any old job" just because it's a job.

If I was willing to do that, I would have actually turned in that application last week after the most bizarre interview ever. As it was, the minute I walked OUT of the interview I called my husband and said "no freaking way will I EVER work there...I worked for crazy once, not doing it again." The paper application promptly went in the garbage can and was soon covered by coffee grounds and raw chicken pieces. Mmmmm.

I know what I want to do - it's just a matter of finding the right place where I can be successful. I also know what I won't do. I won't work where I won't be happy. I want to be able to say "I'm happy" every day. It might seem like a lofty expectation, but at this point in my life, it's what I'm demanding for myself. 

I've had enough "oh wells" in the past six months to last a lifetime. That just means I've taken chances and been disappointed. Which is better than never taking a risk if you ask me. Why spend your life thinking "what if." It's better to take that leap and if you don't stick your landing, get up, dust yourself off, and say "oh well, maybe next time."  

2 comments:

  1. If feel ya here, on all points...

    Stopping over from Healthy Mommy, Healthy Baby :)

    http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete