5.24.2012

Breakfast with Lender's Healthy Grain bagels

I love bagels. Always have. Probably always will. But I normally enjoy my bagels at lunch with various meats, cheeses, and the requisite mayo and mustard. Rarely do I eat bagels at breakfast.

In all honesty, I rarely eat breakfast.

I know.
I know!

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, blah blah blah. I've heard it all before. My doctor tells me this every time I tell her "Oh, I have coffee for breakfast." If I do eat breakfast, I usually do something "stupid" like eat a bowl of cereal and then two hours later my blood sugar plummets and I'm a hot shaky cranky mess.

I need to eat protein at breakfast.
I know this.
Cereal is NOT protein.
I can't help it.
I love cereal.
But it's bad for me.

Knowing this, I'm always searching for something I can eat and feel full and balanced all morning.

And my new favorite breakfast item (slathered with peanut butter, of course) - Lender's Healthy Grain Multi Grain bagels. Why am I loving these bagels (other than they taste great?!?)...well, they also have 11 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber. ELEVEN grams of protein folks! The protein is what I need in the morning to keep my blood sugar at the right level and not CRASH by 10 am, and we all need more fiber, right?

It's a win-win in the breakfast/bagel department. Toasted, with a bit of peanut butter and a glass of skim milk on the side and I was good to go until lunchtime.

I'm quite certain I'll "remember" to eat breakfast now. 



Disclosure: I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and I received coupons for free Lender's Multi-Grain Bagels. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own. #LendersHealthyGrain #spon

2 comments:

  1. I just read something about why you should skip breakfast. UGH!

    Bagels are amazing. I remember eating Lenders with butter as a kid. So good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Skip breakfast? I guess I'm good if I do that too, right? LOL .... I remember the same thing about Lender's bagels and butter when I was a kid. Love them!

      Delete