7.06.2012

Heatwave, storms, falling trees, and no electricty. An epic couple of days.

So, it's been hotter than hell around here lately. Someone turned up the thermostat a couple weeks ago and never turned it down. Today, it's 102 degrees with a heat index of about 106. Or something stupid like that.

Yesterday it was hot too.
And then a storm popped up.
And trees fell down all over the city.
And then the lights went out.

Today, more than 24 hours later, the power is still out for thousands of people in the Toledo area. Last night the kids and I packed up some stuff, bagged the just-purchased groceries, and headed to my parents' house.

We are still hanging out at nana and papa's house today.
Our groceries are still in their basement fridge.
Our house is still without power.

At 11 a.m. the temp inside my house was only 73 degrees. I'm hoping it isn't much higher right now since the dogs and kitten are at home. The rest of the food in the fridge will be thrown out tonight.

And no one seems to know when the power is coming back. Maybe tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe Monday. Yeah, that's right....I said Monday. As in are-you-freaking-kidding-me-how-can-it-take-that-long-to-get-power-to-2900-people?

Yes, we're lucky that no trees fell on our house.
But that doesn't change the fact that I'm beyond annoyed that we don't have power yet.

Oh and did I mention the girls are in a wedding tomorrow?
An outside wedding.
And the forecast heat index is going to be 110.

Yeah, this just keeps getting better.
Hand me the wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment