11.05.2012

Get out the vote O-H-I-O!

Unless you live under a rock you know tomorrow is Election Day.

Me, I'm lucky enough to live in THE SWING STATE - Ohio. Every day I get at least 10-15 political phone calls, my inbox is overflowing with emails from every Democrat in the country, and I'm even part of the Obama "Twitter Team" (which basically means they send me things to retweet and I choose if I want to participate).

Go O-H-I-O.
No pressure for us Buckeyes.
Basically the fate of the free world rests on us tomorrow.
But hey...no biggie, right?

Wrong.
Get your butt out there and vote.
I don't care if you live in Ohio or North Dakota or New Mexico.
Get. Out. The. Vote.

I early voted last Monday and I'm going to totally honest with you - when my ballot was accepted and the votes were complete I felt a surge of pride and joy that I haven't felt in any other election. Not even in 2008.

I almost did a happy dance right there at the voting booth.

The thing is, this election isn't about party affiliation.
It's about the people the elected officials are going to represent.
This election is about YOU.
If you don't vote, you can't complain about the state of government after the fact.
So get off your butt and get out there and cast your ballot.

No comments:

Post a Comment