4.01.2013

Finding time for family dinners

While we normally eat dinner as a family almost every day of the week, I'm usually cooking one of the "old standby" meals - pasta, tacos, chicken. You know, the boring stuff. I admit, I get sick of cooking and trying to come up with creative meals. I prefer "cooking" during the warm summer months when I can say to the husband "go grill something" and all I have to do is set the table.

Recently though I was selected to be part of the Kroger Spring Dinners campaign with BzzAgent. The purpose of the campaign was to make family dinners special. So, armed with a stack of coupons I headed to Kroger one weekend and picked up the fixings for a great Sunday dinner.

Here's a recipe for the pork roast I served:

Mahogany Pork Roast
Ingredients: 2 "Moist & Tender pork tenderloins (Kroger brand); 1/4 cup honey; 1/4 cup soy sauce; 1 large clove of garlic, minced. Directions: Combine honey, soy sauce and garlic in a large resealable bag, reserving 1/4 cup of marinade for use later. Place tenderloin in bag w/ marinade; refrigerate overnight or for 4 hours. Preheat oven to 400, lightly spray 9x13 pan w/ cooking spray. Place tenderloins in pan side by side and discard used marinade. Roast 30 minutes; brush reserved marinade over roast. Continue cooking until meat thermometer reads 155 degrees. Transfer to cutting board; let stand 10 minutes before carving.

Everyone - the kids included - loved this pork roast.

The rest of the dinner consisted of mashed potatoes, green beans, crescent rolls, and cupcakes for dessert. To make it extra special we ate in the dining room - which we rarely use. Normally the dining room table is the "catch all" table, so it was nice to sit there and enjoy a Sunday dinner.

How about you? How many days a week does your family sit together and eat dinner? Let me know in the comments.



Disclosure: I was provided coupons for free food items from Kroger because I am a BzzAgent. No other compensation was provided. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment