7.16.2014

The One Where I Give Lame Excuses for Not Blogging


You know what? It's summer. So I guess that means I'm on summer break from my blog?

No?

OK. In all honesty I think about writing here a lot. Most of it happens just as I'm about to fall asleep and I have these great ideas for a post and then BAM! The "Simply Sleep" pills kick in and I'm out like a light. And then the next morning I have no recollection of any of those great ideas.

It's summer. Which means the kids have been sitting on their butts for weeks eating bon-bons and watching repeats of 'Jessie' on the Disney Channel all day long.

OK. Not really.

Summer has looked a lot like this: leave for OBX vacation on the last day of school, get back a week later, kids start two weeks of summer religion classes (yes, I am THAT Catholic mom) in addition to starting their Friday morning golf lessons, then it's the Fourth of July week and nothing gets done around here, and then Olivia has a week of basketball camp. And now it's July 16 (Happy Birthday to my husband!) and school starts up again in a little more than a month.

The kids have been busy. I've been busy - you know, working and driving them all over town. Anyone who thinks working from home is a piece of cake should try it in the summer when the kids are home EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE MY JOB. A lot. And I LOVE MY KIDS. A lot. But I won't be sad when August 21 comes along and they get on the bus and head to school all day, five days a week.

Speaking of work...I'm coming up on the three year anniversary of when I escaped from hell the grasp of the Green Polyester Trolls and let me tell you how much happier I am. I love what I'm doing now. And that's what matters.

And as we head into the last month of summer ... I need to take some time for myself every day and blog more. I miss my blog. (Although, it is somewhat unlikely that anyone else misses it. Is there anyone out there reading this? Hello?)

Anyway...here's to a wonderful last month of summer break!

No comments:

Post a Comment