2.03.2015

Winter - The Halfway Mark

I read that today is the halfway point of winter - it's been winter for 45 days and there are 45 days until the first day of spring.

I'm currently sitting in my home office freezing. The furnace is set to 71. There is a foot of snow outside. And I'm sitting inside wearing a scarf and fuzzy socks. (This is in addition to my normal "work clothes - yoga pants and a shirt. I didn't want anyone to think I was just sitting here in a scarf and socks - because quite frankly that would be dumb. And horrible.)

I may have mentioned before that I hate winter?
Yeah.
I still do.

Winter Storm Linus visited us on Sunday. (Thank you to The Weather Channel for their increasingly stupid list of winter storm names). When it was all said and done we had about a foot of snow on the ground.

Yesterday the city was under a Level 3 snow emergency until noon - which means NO ONE could drive unless it was an emergency. The kids had yet another snow day. Today they had a 2-hour delay.

Tonight we're going to get MORE SNOW.
I'm anticipating at least a delay again tomorrow.

It should be noted that since the kids went back to school on January 5, they haven't had one full week of school. Not one.

And to add insult to injury, that stupid rodent in Pennsylvania predicted six more weeks of winter. Not that he's reliable AT ALL but it would have been nice to hear that an early spring was at least possible. Even if that news was delivered via a nasty rodent.

On the upside there are just 121 days until I'm once again in my second favorite place in the entire world - the OBX. In 121 days I'll be sipping frozen tropical drinks poolside while soaking up a crap ton of sun.

So...45 more days until the first 'official' day of spring?
I can do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment