6.02.2015

Say goodbye to Fifth Grade


Well tomorrow is THE day.

Tomorrow - June 3 - is Olivia's last day of elementary school. She's moving out of 5th grade and the safe confines of elementary school and moving into 6th grade and bigger pond of middle school.

I can't bring myself to call it "junior high" because...well, because it's 6th grade. And I refuse to believe that my oldest "baby" is old enough to be in junior high.

Because I swear THIS was just last week:


And then all of a freaking sudden my "baby" is getting ready to start middle school and the last week of elementary school was spent in "health class" talking about "human development" (yeah, boobs and periods!)

Oh. My. Freaking. God.

This was taken the first day of 5th grade last fall:


And then this was taken two weeks ago at a Mud Hens baseball game:


Shut. Up.

As it is, I am fully prepared to be a weepy mess tomorrow as my soon-to-be-sixth-grader walks out of elementary school for the last time. 

Middle school here we come. Ready or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment