4.19.2018

Thursday Thoughts - Fibro Fog

Holy Toledo.
It's a blogging miracle.
Another Thursday, another blog post -- and they're only a week apart.

Yeah, don't get too excited. I doubt this will happen again.

But I had to write this down before I forget.
Because, today we're going to talk about Fibro Fog, also know as brain fog.

Of all the shitty things caused by Fibromyalgia, the brain fog is THE WORST.

Yes, the constant aches and pains suck. A lot.
But brain fog?
I hate it.

I used to consider myself a reasonably intelligent person, pre-fibro.
Now?
Most days I feel like a complete idiot at some point or another.

Either I'm forgetting shit I shouldn't forget or I can't form a complete sentence, or I say something totally opposite of what I meant to say -- none of which makes me sound like I'm smart. And sometimes as the words are coming out of my mouth my brain is shouting "STOP! You're going to use the wrong word or mix up your words....and .... OH TOO LATE."

Forgetting stuff? Yeah. I hate it.
My lists have lists and then they make little baby lists.
Lists are like gremlins on my desk - they multiply daily.
And when I'm stressed out?
Fuhgettaboutit.
Stress = 1000% forgetful. 

And ALL OF THIS makes me feel less than
Sure I joke about how I can't remember shit, but to be totally honest it bums me out a lot. 
I hate how brain fog makes me feel.
There's really nothing fun about it. 

If there's ONE thing I wish I could give up when it comes to fibro, it's the brain fog. I'd take more constant body pains if the brain fog would just go away. 

OK...now that I've bummed all of you out....I'm gonna go make some more lists so I remember things. ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment