11.14.2005

Movin' on up!

Well, we're all moved in. A week ago we were still sleeping in the old house and now we're unpacked and adjusting to life in an extra 1000 sqaure feet of space.

I think Kevin and I both miss the old house. He lived there for 13 years, so he has a lot more memories than I do. I was only there for 3 years. It was his bachelor pad...until I moved in and we had to repaint and redecorate (and throw out "the world" picture).

The house was small and cramped with all of our stuff, but it was cute and quaint and cozy too. I think it's going to take some time to get used to all the space we have in this new place. We were all smushed into one level at the old place...here, we have two stories and a full partially-finished basement. It's a lot of space in which to get lost.

Even the pets are adjusting. Jake and Mollie still can't figure out where the back door is or how to get "downstairs" for the basement. Daisy keeps trying to bust out of the basement at night..presumably to find her water bowl (she's a bit obsessed with water).

I think what I miss most are the memories from the old place. It's where Kevin and I fell in love. It's where he proposed to me in the living room. It's the house we redecorated before and after the wedding -- it had our personal touches all over it. It's the house we brought Olivia home to after she was born -- her Winnie the Pooh nursery was too cute!

But I suppose over time we'll make memories here too. Olivia doesn't have her Pooh nursery anymore...she now has a pink room, a bit more grown up. We don't have much redecorating to do at this point...but we are trying to put our own touches into this house too. And, eventually (we hope) we'll be bringing another bundle of joy home here.

So, here's to old houses that we outgrew and new houses that we are growing into. I guess soon enough it will really feel like "home."

No comments:

Post a Comment