1.01.2006

A new year

Happy New Year...2006.

First of all, where the hell did last year go?? I guess time does fly when you're having fun (or when you don't know what you're doing...).

Anyway, a new year....means a fresh start, a clean slate and all of those other silly things people profess on the first of January every year.

While I'm not a total pessimist, I'm not one to get all gooey about a new year. I don't make new year's resolutions - what's the point, I never keep them for more than a week. Yeah, it's a new year, another 12 months to look forward to, another 365 (or is it 366 this year?) days in which one can really muck things up or make things better...whichever you prefer.

If I was to make a resolution or two, here's what I'd resolve to do:

1. Lose weight. As I say this, I am really craving cake batter ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery w/ cookie dough and chocolate shavings. YUM! So, we'll see how this goes.

2. Be more patient. Yeah, ok...whatever, moving on.

3. Swear less. This I really need to do, since my little one will be speaking soon (we hope). I'd rather not have her first sentence be "Hey, you're an asshole!" Although in a way, that would be cute. Or not.

4. Stress less. Yeah, as if that is going to be possible right now. I'm studying for the bar exam and working part-time. I'm always stressed, I'm a clinical Type-A personality.

So, you see what I mean about resolutions? They don't work with me. Yeah, I'm gonna try to lose some weight and curb my use of the "F" word and others, but other than that, the 2006 version of me is gonna be about the same as the 2005.

And with that, have a happy new year and pass the ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment