2.07.2006

T-minus 13 days...and counting

Tonight was [thankfully] the last night of bar review class. I was so sick of my classmates...I think if I had to spend another minute of my time with them I would have gone mad.

So, here I am...13 days away from what I like to refer to as "3 days of state sponsored torture" also known as the Ohio bar exam.

13 days...that's 312 hours. Quite a bit of time in which I can cram all this legal stuff into my brain so that I can artfully regurgitate it for 12 essays and 200 multiple choice questions (oh, and 2 writing tests, but those only test my ability to follow directions -- which could be my downfall).

But, if we take out 8 hours of sleep a night (I need to get that much or I am a cranky girl), that subtracts about 104 hours.

Then of course, I have to eat (well, Ok...I could probably sustain on the cellulite that surrounds my hips and midsection for about 3 weeks, but let's not go there right now). So, figure 3 meals a day, giving myself about a hour each meal [c'mon it takes 1/2 of that hour, at least, just to deal w/ my toddler at meal time] -- so that takes away another 39 hours.

And I need some "me" time -- to relax, check email, blog. So, figure about an hour a day. So, subtract another 13 hours.

Work - can't forget work. That's 8 hours a week. But, this week is half over, so 4 hours this week and 8 next -- subtract another 12 hours.

Getting cleaned up every day -- showering, dressing, etc -- let's say 30 minutes a day, so 6 and 1/2 hours subtracted.

And then my birthday is Sunday...so let's take off another 5 hours for dinner, gifts and family time.

So far that leaves me about 132.5 hours to study. Seems like a lot of time. But I think we all know that it's really not that much time. Hell, I just sat thru nearly 90 hours of bar review classes and I still don't know all that I need to know.

Ah well....time's a wasting here....I better get back to the books. The clock is running!

No comments:

Post a Comment