2.09.2006

UPS - delivering smiles all day long

So, I'm sitting here, alone, having a rather miserable day of studying [going on 6 hours now] when my doorbell rings. Thinking it's the Publisher's Clearing House Prize Patrol, I run downstairs...only to find that it was just UPS.

But my disappointment at still not being an instant millionaire quickly disappears when I notice the box is for ME! [this should not have come as a shock....my "cake and ice cream" day is in 3 days].

And better yet...it's from Yankee Candle -- one of my very favorite stores on the planet.

So, long story short...my good friend Emily [who moved to Arkansas of all places] had sent me a b-day gift basket full of yummy cookie scented candles. Odd how something as simple as scented candles can make one's day. [Then again, at this point, a trip to the gynocologist's office would probably be more fun than studying].

And now, I'm going to take an somewhat extended commercial break for dinner w/ my husband, daughter and mom. And then it's back to studying -- no Survivor: Exile Island for me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment