3.27.2006

Rejected

Well, I didn't get the association executive job. Not that I was surprised, considering the last interview (see previous blog). I mean c'mon...they didn't have enough information to go on, so how could they have hired me?

But really, I think it's the damn law degree that gets me every time. It really is more of a hinderance than anything if you haven't passed the bar exam. Non-lawyers see the words Juris Doctor and think "omigod...she's a LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!" -- when in reality it's just a freakin' piece of paper that entitles me to a whole lot of nothing.

So I'm sure the board - including Mr. Sleepy - saw that law degree and said "nope, she's over-qualified."

Which I don't understand -- how can a college degree make me over-qualified?

I mean, I could understand it if I was a former judge looking to work for $1000 a month to run some silly little association. But I've never worked as a lawyer -- I've never used my law degree for anything other than a decorative wall hanging.

Ah well....maybe this just means that I am going to pass the bar and that bigger and better things are just around the corner. Yeah, that's positive thinking for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment