5.02.2006

LiveStrong Ride

All I can say is WOW!!!!

A dear friend of mine is in training for the LiveStrong Ride in Philadelphia on September 10, 2006.

Here's a link to her personal web page.

A copy of her email is below:

Dear Traci,
Hi All!Just wanted to update you on our progress in our training for the LiveStrong Ride in Philadelphia September 10th.

This past weekend Ray and I participated in the PA State Police Memorial Metric Century Ride (http://www.pspmetriccentury.com/index.htm). We completed the Mt. Gretna loop which was a total of 40 miles through beautiful scenic country. We both ended up having equipment problems with our bikes - otherwise we feel like we could have done 10 or 15 miles more.

We're both pretty happy with completing this distance and how we felt. Especially since we really haven't ridden that much yet this year. With me traveling all the time for my new job and Ray working on re-siding our house - the time just hasn't been there. But after this - I am confidant we will be ready to complete 100 miles by September!

We're participating in another ride in Hershey on May 20th to benefit the Penn State Children's Hospital (http://www.cyclingforlife.com/event.htm). That has a 63 mile option that is our goal.

For those of you that have already sponsored us - let me say Thank You again! Technically - I have raised $850 - only $150 away from my goal of $1,000. However, Ray hasn't asked as many people to sponsor him as I have - so I've been sending some of my pledges his way to get him to his $500 minimum. I really don't want to attempt this by myself!

If you haven't sponsored us yet - there is still plenty of time! You can visit my web site (http://www.livestrongchallenge.org/06PA/alliekoch?faf=1&e=589597830) and donate on-line. Or you can send me a check made out to LiveStrong Ride (3476 Sweet Arrow Lake Rd, Pine Grove, PA 17963) or if you are at Guilford you can give it to Sharon Kreiser and she'll get it to me.Thank you again for all of your support!Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Lance Armstrong Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment