5.24.2006

Spring has (finally) sprung!

Lunch alfresco
Well, it's 12:45 and the highlight of my day has come and gone - eating lunch outside with Olivia. Yep, that was the best part of my day (I know this because the rest of the day will be spent doing laundry and cooking dinner and other "homemaker" things such as that...).

It's sunny and warm here today and so Olivia and I took our "Uncrustables" outside and enjoyed lunch outside on the deck. And let me tell you, it was fun! We talked about things (OK, I talked, she listened...since she is still not talking much beyond "mommy" and "daddy"), we made plans for after her nap, we fed Doritos to the dogs (yeah, yeah...people food bad for dogs, I get it).

Then we played Hopscotch and swung on the swings...and boy I love summer vacation!

Damn trees!
We live in the woods, so we have trees - many, many trees. And no, I don't mean "in the woods" as in way out in the middle of a forest. It's just that our subdivision was built basically in a heavily wooded area and hence, we live in the woods. And I'm beginning to hate trees.

Sure they're pretty to look at and provide much needed shade, yadda yadda. But I am so tired of cleaning up after these trees.....it's making me crazy! When we moved in last fall, we had thousands (no, really THOUSANDS) of leaves to rake. And acorns. Lots of acorns. For the record, they hurt when they hit you in the head.

Now that spring is here, we have those little pinwheel thingys off the maple trees and nasty stringy stuff off the oak trees and some other bud-type thing off another tree. And none of it sweeps up easily either. I know, I've been sweeping the deck for days.

The battle rages on.....

The score so far: Trees - 1, Me - 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment