8.24.2006

A Daisy update

Picked up Daisy today at 8:30 a.m.

She seems to be doing OK. I have her separated from the other animals -- will probably keep her that way until at least Monday. So, she's in the guest room with food, water and a litter box.

The vet pulled all of her upper teeth, except the little ones in front. So, basically my Daisy has not top teeth. I guess she was in bad shape. The vet said that had we not brought her in yesterday for the unexplainable limping, things would have gone very differently. (I think that means Daisy would have died from the infection....which makes me very, very sad).

I have pain meds for the next 2 days for her, and antibiotics. I hope she cooperates and takes her medicine like a good kitty should.

I apologized to her this morning -- I told her I was sorry she had to go through all this. She seemed to be in a forgiving mood -- she was purring loudly as I told her.

And, a word of warning to all you cat owners out there: check your cat's teeth. Take them to the vet and get them cleaned. No kitty should have to endure what Daisy just wne through.

No comments:

Post a Comment