9.21.2006

Fall is in the air!

OK, I'll admit it...fall is my favorite season.

By the time September rolls around I have had it with hot, sticky summer weather. I'm tired of the bright summery flowers and the constant drone of the lawn mower. I just want to plant mums, pick apples and watch college football on Saturday afternoon. (Go Blue!).

Just some of the reasons fall is my favorite season:

-- Fall is home to some of my favorite "holidays" -- Halloween, Thanksgiving, my wedding anniversary.

-- Fall is a great time to live in northwest Ohio -- all the colors on the trees are so great. It makes the other 3 seasons worth it. Sure it would be nice to someday live in Florida, but fall just wouldnt' be the same down there.

-- I love rearranging my closet so my sweaters, long pants and long sleeve shirts are up front. That, and my current fall maternity wardrobe is so much cuter than my summer maternity wardrobe. :)

-- I love going to the apple orchard and buying fresh-picked apples. Yum-Oh (as Rachel Ray would say). I always manage to get an apple fritter (or 2) out of my visit too. We might just have to do that this weekend. I'm feeling a craving coming on...apple fritters, apple crisp....mmmmm.

The weather is just now starting to turn fall-like. We actually had to turn the heat on last night -- it got down to 37 degrees. Brrrr...!!!! My mums have been planted, the sweaters have been pulled to the front of the closet and Halloween is a little more than a month away!

Yep, fall is in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment