11.08.2006

Bust out those brooms!

Well, it's official...the Democrats pretty much swept Ohio. (A Republican - Mary Taylor - won for state auditor, but rightly so...she's a CPA and very qualified for the job). So, bust out those brooms...it's a clean sweep!

I'm very excited about the prospect of a Democrat-run state government - it's about time to clean up the mess the GOP has created. And this bodes very well for the 2008 presidential election.

(Another big "YEA!" for me....Ohio is now a smoke-free state. The voters were smart enough to see through the lies of Issue 4 and see the benefits of Issue 5. Thank you!!!!! Now my girls can grow up without the threat of second-hand smoke!!!)

In other news, I spent my evening at the Toledo Free Press, taking calls from their reporter at the Board of Elections, updating poll results as they came in. It was an easy gig....which is what I needed. I had no desire to go waddling (no, really....I am waddling now) around town talking to candidates. My belly is too big for that and my back is too sore.

It was exciting to watch the numbers as they came in...but I am paying the price today. I didn't get home until 1 a.m. (WAY too late for a pregnant gal)...and so I am now totally exhausted. My darling daughter only let me sleep in until 6:15 a.m. I am hoping she goes down for a nap soon so that I can do the same.

Congrats to all the winners -- especially the newest Lucas County Commissioner Ben Konop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment