12.30.2006

Happy New Year!


OK, so as I write this it's still 2006...but I can still wish everyone a happy new year.

So, here you are: Happy New Year, 2007!

It seems as if I just wrote my new year's blog for 2006....and yet, here I am, writing one for 2007. Time just flies.

I always love the end of a year -- every news program has their own version of the top stories/events/newsmakers of the past year.

In honor of ringing in the new year, I'm going to take a moment and review a few highlights of my year - the good and the bad. I'll start with the bad, just to get it out of the way.

The Bad of 2006:

1. Failing the bar exam. Twice. [And that's just twice this year. We won't even talk about the other 5 times I failed over the past several years].

2. Realted to failing the bar - realizing that I need to rethink my career goal. I'm 33 years old and still don't have a career.

3. My last semester of teaching. I used to think that I was making a difference in the classroom. I don't think that anymore.

4. Being told - via email - that the college I taught for had replaced me for the spring semester because I needed to take 6 weeks of maternity leave. Tacky, very tacky.

The Good of 2006:

1. A family vacation to Florida and Olivia's first trip to Walt Disney World.

2. Getting pregnant.

3. Volunteering for a campaign and seeing my candidate win BIG and then witnessing his swearing in. Very, very cool. I met some great people and came to realize how much I really enjoy politics.

4. Enjoying the first full year in our new house. It really feels like home.

5. Blogging on a regular basis -- and meeting some great people along the way.


And so, as 2006 comes to an end and 2007 starts, I have many things to look forward to:

- The arrivial (any day now!) of baby Emma

- The prospect of finally finding that dream job - or at least one where I feel as if I'm doing something that makes a difference and makes me happy!

- Not ever taking the bar exam again!

- Another family vacation!

- Making new friends and cherishing the old ones

- Not making any resolutions for 2007 -- mainly because I never keep them and it's just a waste of time. I know what I need to do, I don't need to make a resolution to get it done.

So, to my friends and family -- I'm wishing you all a very happy 2007!

2 comments: