Received a call yesterday from the woman who would be my boss.
She wanted to give me an update on where things were in "the process."
Here's where things stand:
- She is on vacation the rest of this week.
- The dean is out all of next week.
- She is making her recommendation to the dean next week -- recommending that I GET THE JOB!
- Then, the dean has to approve.
- Then, either late next week or early the week after that I will formally be offered the job.
- So, unless the dean thinks I'm a complete moron, the job is MINE!!!
You have NO IDEA how much that phone call made my week, month, year.