8.01.2007

Just in case you were wondering...

...how much it would cost to have a pair of toy shoes removed from your nasal passages, I have the answer.

$5,200.

We received the bill today from Olivia's, uh, "procedure" when she stuck a pair of Polly Pocket shoes up her nose. Yeah, you read that right. It says $5,200.

The removal of the shoes was approximately $4400. I'm guessing that was for the 10 minutes of laughing gas they used to "gently" put her under and the use of the "procedure room".

My favorite part of the bill was the $795 charged for the recovery room. Why? Because she was in the room for all of 10 minutes and they gave her a sippy cup of WATER! Apparently, it was damn good water. Good thing she didn't ask for apple juice.

Thankfully, we met our deductibles this year (thanks to my hospital stay giving birth to Emma), so we only have to pay a small amount of the bill (about $150). I cannot imagine NOT having health insurance.

The healthcare system in this country has a nice little scam going, that's for certain. I really want to see a detailed bill for this procedure. I think it would be VERY interesting.

2 comments:

  1. You could have had that done in MX for about $85. Tops.

    Insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love the line: "Good thing she didn't ask for apple juice."

    THAT is funny.

    ReplyDelete