8.02.2007

Completely cheesy...yet fun


I admit it. I did it.

I watched "High School Musical" on Disney Channel.
And it wasn't THAT bad. Yes, it was over-the-top and cheesy and the acting wasn't the best. But (and I hate to admit this), some of the songs were OK. They tend to get stuck in your head.

Now, before you all think I've lost my 34-year-old mind....let me explain.

Olivia, who is 3 and a half, LOVES the Disney Channel. In the morning she watches "Playhouse Disney" and when that is over she likes to watch the other shows (Hannah Montana, That's So Raven, etc.). So we had Disney Channel on again today. And I didn't turn it off when Olivia went down for her nap. I was doing stuff around the house and I just happened to sit down on the couch after the show started, (I was feeding Emma and needed somewhere to sit)....

...and the next thing I knew it was 3 p.m. and the show was over and I was thinking "Gee, that wasn't so bad." (Yes it was completely predictable...but it's Disney, what do you expect?)

Now, I'm not going to run out and buy the soundtrack...but I might just watch "HSM:2" on August 17th.

Hee hee.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, I've watched HSM several times, as well. I also attempted to learn the dance that they do at the end of the musical with my nice and her friend.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete