1.08.2009

100 Friends

As I was on Facebook today, I noticed that I hit a milestone of sorts....I now have 100 friends.

100 Facebook Friends.

Hmmmm. I didn't realize that I actually KNEW 100 people, but apparently I do. And therein lies the beauty of Facebook.

Those 100 friends include my sister, my brother in law, my cousins, one of my lifelong friends (we've been friends since we were 5...so that would be 31 years!), high school friends that I still see and go to dinner with, high school friends I haven't seen since graduation day in 1991, college friends I haven't seen since graduation day in 1995, law school friends (and/or their spouses), ex-boyfriends (2 at last count...OMG...did I just admit that?), at least one politician, one TV personality, one newspaper editor, a couple co-workers, the woman who used to do my manicures when I had the time and money to afford those, and several of my dear blogger friends (whom I would love to meet someday, but that's another post entirely).

So..wow. 100 friends. I always wondered how people could have 200, 250, or 300+ friends on Facebook. Now I know. It's an interesting commentary on social networking and friendship, no? I wonder if it would be so interesting if there were classifications instead? You know, groups such as "Friends", "People from work", "Acquaintances", "Stalkers", etc. I mean really...if you have 486 friends on FB are you REALLY friends with everyone? No, I think not.

However, one of my favorite things about FB right now is that I have reconnected with so many people. There's a group of about 30 of us from SUA's class of 1991 who have reconnected...and I can only think that this might make our 20 year reunion interesting to say the least.

If you're on FB you will understand when I say this: I am addicted to status updates. Really. I am. Most are so random, but so interesting...they're like a little peek into that friend's day at that moment. [Twitter does the same thing...but I'll save that post for another day].

And so there it is...I have 100 friends on Facebook. If any of you, dear readers, are on FB and would like to add another friend...leave it in the comments. :)

And now for the things I'm grateful for today:

1. Facebook (that was rather obvious, right?)
2. Venti skinny caramel macchiato
3. Supermassive Black Hole by Muse
4. It's Thursday
5. The sun is shining today

3 comments:

  1. Oh--another Catholic School girl!!!
    I'm an NDA gal myself!!! "We're the Chicks of'86!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh--and I'm addicted to FB too!!! It's a sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Facebook. I think I have almost 300 friends on there, but a portion (maybe 30) of them were people in high school I didn't like. But I'm FB friends with them so I can look at their pictures and see what stupid things they get into. And then I smile and laugh. Bitter perhaps? Yes. But it makes my day.

    ReplyDelete