Today is one of those "gosh, I have all these random thoughts running through my head" kind of day...and so, I thought I'd blog about them. Why? Because I want to.
- Olivia starts KINDERGARTEN in 33 days. Seriously? How in the heck did this happen? How did my BABY suddenly get to be 5 1/2 years old and be on her way to 'real' school? Oh boy. I just KNOW that I'm going to cry on August 31st.
- The guy on the SlapChop commercial scares me. A lot. And really, what is with that ear piece/microphone thing? Who does he think he is, Britney Spears? SCARY.
- I've been without a job for a month now. And yes, it still sucks. Granted, it has been GREAT to spend every day with my girls (I really missed them when I worked and suffered from serious 'mommy guilt')...but that being said, I'd still rather be working. And using my writing/editing skills for something other than writing witty status updates on Facebook and Twitter.
- My hair is graying so quickly lately. I blame the stress in my life. I used to be able to go 8 weeks between color appointment....now I'm thinking 6 weeks might be the tops. Grr. Getting old sucks too. ;)
- Filing for unemployment was unbelievably irritating. For anyone out there who works for a university and then happens to lose that job...be prepared to jump through many hoops to prove you aren't a faculty member who is just "off" for the summer or a student employee trying to milk the system. But as an added bonus, I'm happy to report that the federal government is paying me an extra $25 a week - thank you Prez Obama.
- The weather so far this summer has been for crap. Where is the sun? And the heat? Where is summer?
- I need a vacation. I'm hoping our weekend trip to Cedar Point (with my parents, sister and her family) is going to feel like a mini-vacay.
I'm sure there's more random crap floating around in my noggin...but the 2 year old is chatting at me right now and that makes it rather difficult to concentrate on other things.....