11.23.2009

Monday morning musings

Yeah, OK...so I didn't blog all weekend...guess that means I've sort of missed the whole " blog every day" concept with NaBloPoMo.

Whatever. I was busy.
And it's not as though anyone is really checking up on me, right?

So, moving on.

I'm feeling a bit frustrated today. It's been 10 months since I learned that my job was being eliminated on June 30th of this year -- they told me on January 30, 2009 -- and I am still unemployed. I've been looking for a job since JANUARY and I've had no success. And it's very frustrating.

I've had a few interviews -- all of which were sort busts in their own way (some more than others). And now, it seems like the job market in my area of "expertise" has all but dried up again.

Economic recovery my ass.

And then last night, I get a phone call from the law school where I earned my degree -- asking me to donate money. But not just any amount. Oh no....they were certainly aiming high last night.

"We were wondering if you'd be willing to donate $1,000."

Um, no. I wouldn't be willing to do that.

"Well, we understand that is a lot of money in this economy...but perhaps you would consider $750 or $500."

No, I wouldn't consider any of those amounts because they are all completely unreasonable amounts and I am unemployed so the law school isn't getting a dime from me.

OK, yes. I suppose that was a little bitchy (yeah, that up there is a direct quote). But don't call me at 6 p.m. on a Sunday night and ask me for money. Ever.

So, it's Monday. I'm a bit grumpy. Sue me.

But on the bright side (see, there's always a bright side)...I am going to see "New Moon" again tonight. With my mom and sister (we are getting mom totally hooked on sparkly vampires!). I cannot wait.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I'm so sorry about this job crap. I know that's so hard.

    :(

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete