12.15.2009

Things that make me happy!


Well, color me happy! My friend over at Quiet Oasis nominated me for the happy award...and now I must list 10 things that make me happy!

So, here goes:

(1) My family - I am blessed to have a wonderful, loving husband and two beautiful and healthy little girls -- and I do not take that blessing for granted. We might not always get along perfectly, but they are my source of joy and happiness on a daily basis.

(2) Starbucks - No really, Starbucks coffee makes me happy. Very, very happy. Whether it's a Pumpkin Spice Latte or my old regular (venti skinny caramel macchiato), once I have a Starbucks in hand, all is right with the world again.

(3) Writing - I am passionate about writing. Whether it's my blog or a press release or something as simple as a tweet, I love writing. It is my outlet, my release, my passion.

(4) Target - This might sound stupid and shallow to some (but it's my list and I don't care), but if I'm having one of 'those' days, I can head to Target, grab a cart and just wander and it's like retail therapy. I think they pump 'happy air' through the stores or something. It's relaxing and refreshing and if my local Target had a Starbucks it would be a win-win for everyone!

(5) Pedicures - 'Tis true. Pedicures make me happy. Normally I hate it when anyone touches my feet - I've had enough foot issues (3 foot surgeries and 1 broken foot) to last a lifetime and therefore my feet are off-limits to most. Except the person giving me a pedicure. I could sit in that chair for HOURS -- so relaxing. I wish I could get a pedicure more often --- once or twice a year is not enough!

(6) Twitter - Yes, social media makes me happy. I have this wonderful group of friends online (my Disney peeps, I've blogged about them before) and they are an amazing, funny, supportive group of people and they make me happy. I know a lot of people don't "get" Twitter and that's fine and dandy...but I get it and it makes me happy.

(7) Friends - Whether I've known you for 30 years (Cindy and Allie) or just a few months, if I call you friend I mean it. Life is too short and there are so many ways to connect these days -- and I think friends are the glue that holds it all together. So to my friends near and far - you make me happy!

(8) Road trips - Sure, it's easier to fly but then you miss all the fun stuff! I love taking road trips - packing the car with pillows, blankets, books, food and of course the kids and heading out on an adventure. We used to drive to Florida a lot when I was a kid and I think maybe that's where this comes from....or maybe I'm just a bit crazy.

(9) "Good" mail days - You know those days when you get your InStyle and three or four good catalogs (like Lillian Vernon, The Lakeside Collection and Williams Sonoma) and then you can just cuddle up on the couch with your venti Starbucks and have a good night? Yeah, that's a good mail day.

(10) Disney - You didn't really think I'd leave this off the list, did you? If it's Disney, it makes me happy. We all know this. My family says I'm obsessed and to that I say "yes, and what's your point?" I love Disney World, the Disney store, Disney-related blogs, my Disney friends...if it's Disney, I'm loving it! [And I could go on and on about it here, but I won't....for now]

...and there you have it...10 things that make me happy (in no particular order)

And now, I'd like to pass this award on to a few people (hey, it's my blog, I can give it to more than 1 person!):

I nominate:

Zannaland, Slice of Heaven, and the Disney Driven Life for the award!

3 comments:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree on Target. I almost posted that to my top 10. For whatever reason, its awesome to say "I'm leaving for an hour" and head to Target. Who knows....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Target has a Starbucks, but neither will be on my top 10 list. You'll just have to see what I concoct. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! That sounds like a very happy list to me! :)

    ReplyDelete