Ah, the Golden Globes - the glitz, the glamor, the question of "who the hell is the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and why should we care what they think?"
As usual, last night was...well....interesting.
- Ricky Gervais is not funny (well, OK...except for the Bruce Willis/Ashton Kutcher joke, because that was funny). Other than that he was just obnoxious. And rude. And boorish. And I think Robert Downey Jr would make a much better host.
- Helena Bonham Carter, Annette Bening, Scarlett Johansson - please buy a brush, and some styling product. What was with your hair??? I don't understand why celebs think going outside looking like you just rolled out of bed is acceptable. It's not. Comb your freakin' hair people.
- Oh and HBC....next time, try to find two shoes that match. Seriously.
- Michael Douglas is a class act.
- Best dressed? I am going to have to say Catherine Zeta Jones. Out of all the green dresses on the red carpet, hers was tops. Olivia Wilde (and her shoes!) come in a close second.
- Worst dressed? Oh geez. Where to start....JLo, January Jones, Helena Bonham Carter, Tilda Swinton, Julianne Moore, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Love Hewitt....and the list goes on. I was not a fan of all the beige/nude/blush on the red carpet. Or the uncombed hair. Or mismatched shoes. Or Guiliana Rancic from E!
- Many of the dresses I saw last night made me tweet this during the broadcast: some of these dresses make me think it's really the Golden (Girls) Globes.
- Mad Men and Jon Hamm were ROBBED.
- I love that The Social Network won for Best Screenplay, Best Director and Best Drama. I loved the movie ... and think Aaron Sorkin is amazing.
- Why did Paul Giamatti win? And did ANYONE actually see his movie? (Yes, he's a great actor...but c'mon...Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter? Much more deserving.)
And with that...we move on...and wait for the Oscar nominations on January 25 at 8:30 a.m.