1.17.2011

Monday afternoon musings....

The girls and I are home today - no school, no work, no daycare.

And, aside from waking up to my dog peeing on my dresser at 7 a.m. - today has been a great day.

I made breakfast for the kids.
I paid bills.
I balanced the checkbook that has been unbalance for 2 weeks.
I washed, folded and hung up many, many loads of laundry.
I even made a meatloaf. For tomorrow's dinner.

Yeah, and it's only 2:30 p.m. as I type this.

So, what's my point?

It's amazing how much I can get done when I'm at home.

Sure, it's great that I have a job - and one that I like...most of the time (except for last week when I really didn't like much of it...but whatever...), but, I have to say, even though I was unemployed last year (and that did suck), it was nice to be home.

I was able to spend more time with the kids.
The house was actually clean.
The laundry was folded - most of the time.
And dinner was not a hurried, last minute, oh-my-gosh-what-are-we-having-tonight kind of affair.

I don't know...maybe I feel this way because last week was "one of those" weeks at the office and this week is going to be even worse. Or maybe it's because I feel like there's always MORE to do, no matter what. There is always another load of laundry or a dirty floor that needs to be cleaned, or a pile of stuff that needs a home, or bills to pay. And I just don't seem to have the time to get it all done. And that frustrates me.

Either way....it is what it is.

I need to work and I do like my job....90 percent of the time.
So....as usual, I just need to work on the whole work/life balance and figure it out.
(In the meantime, I'll try to not panic when the laundry sits in the basket for three or four days).

Tomorrow is another day....

No comments:

Post a Comment