2.18.2011

Five Question Friday!

OK...this "five question Friday" originates over at My Little Life (and I found it via Mama of all Trades).

Here we go!

1. Have you worn the same outfit more than one day in a row?
Um, yes. I'm quite certain that I have done this. I know there have been days where I wake up and decide "I'm not getting out of my pajamas today" even though I've been in them since mid-afternoon the day before. I have two kids. Sometimes I don't want to make the effort. Sue me.

2. If you had to choose any LARGE city to live in, which would it be?
At one point in time I might have answered Chicago. But now I have one answer...just one. Orlando. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that shocks no one. Why? Florida. No snow. No ice. Palm trees. And, of course, Disney. (My second choice? Tampa.)

3. Fly or drive with the kids on vacation?
We've done both successfully since the girls were "younger." Emma's first plane trip was at 8 months old. Olivia was 3 at the time. Last spring we drove to Disney - and while the drive down to Florida is OK, the drive home is always exhausting. It's fun to take road trips - there's a sense of adventure in packing up the car with suitcases, snacks, coolers, toys, pillows and blankets. And then by day two on the road you just WANT TO GET THERE NOW! So...if I had to choose, I'd say fly. For now.

4. What is your idea of "spring cleaning"?
Cleaning every room of the house top to bottom. Washing all floor rugs, shampooing the carpet, washing the hardwood floors, scrubbing with the strongest cleaner I can find, opening all the windows and getting rid of every single stubborn winter germ. Oh, and cleaning out closets, cupboards AND the basement and putting all the junk at the curb for our "unlimited trash" day in April. It should be noted that I cannot wait for spring cleaning this year.

5. What is the best book you have ever read?
Wow. This is a tough question. I have so many "favorite" books, but to determine THE BEST? I'll try....the best "fiction" would likely be Spring Moon by Bette Bao Lord. I read it in high school and fell in love - I have read it several times again since. The best "horror" book would be The Stand by Stephen King. (I almost said IT by Stephen King only because when I finished that book I actually slept with the lights on for two weeks). For the record, my favorite book is Gone with the Wind. I've read it 10 times. At least.

OK...there you have it.
Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I just left a really long comment but blogger "experienced and error" and deleted it. !

    Yes.

    Chicago.

    Fly.

    Throw shit away.

    I don't read much right now. I have to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....oh that Blogger...it does have issues.

    I love the 'abridged' version of your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I am now following you...Please stop by and say hi and follow me too!
    Thanks,
    Maureen- Areyouamom.com

    ReplyDelete