5.23.2011

So much for "Maybe"

Yeah...it's almost June.
And I blogged twice this month.

You know what that is?
That is a #BloggyFail

I had great intention, certainly.
But once again here I am.
Blogging about how I suck at blogging.

It's shocking to me that people still come to this blog.
But, according to my stats, there are still some of you out there.

And I thank you from the bottom of my bloggy heart for sticking by me.
And for sticking with my blog.

You deserve a gold star.
Or a candy bar.
Or my undying love and devotion.

This has just been a weird, wacky month.
The last two weeks have been a blur, quite honestly.

I had a few days off work when my grandma died.
And then, the day after her funeral I took a sick day.
To regroup.
I wasn't really sick.
I actually didn't know what day it was.

Then I went back to work on May 12.
And it sucked.
A lot.

I was totally behind in all my projects.
I really didn't want to be at the office, let alone dealing with the drama that seems to ooze from the walls.

And then, on Friday the 13, I sent an e-mail to our CEO, suggesting a topic for the "message" she adds to our newsletter. I ended the e-mail with this "I'm not sure what you think of this idea. Let me know and we can discuss it more." Seems like a NORMAL way to end an e-mail, no? (Especially since we're always being told to ACT like the CEO is just a "regular person" like the rest of us minions).

Yeah.
This is the e-mail I received in response from my boss.
Who is NOT the CEO.

I would have liked to see that suggestion presented in a way that projected confidence in your idea. Now I am afraid that [the CEO] will in turn lack confidence in it when I don't think it's a bad idea. I would like to see you, as a communications expert, telling her what you think she should communicate. I want you to see yourself as the manager of our communications, NOT an editor of others' ideas.

Excuse me?
I lacked confidence?
I have to admit, my response back to my boss was a bit snarky and bitchy and I ended it with this: "Sorry if I sounded like I wasn't being confident in my ideas, it's been a very long week." Yeah, I played THAT card. Sue me. I wasn't in the mood for office politics and bullying.

And yes, in case you are wondering, this is what I deal with on a regular basis at work.

Oh and then, last week (a week AFTER being off work for the funeral) during a manager's meeting, this was said to me: "You are probably somewhat confused by what we are talking about, since you were UNABLE to be here last week."

Unable???
As if I had a choice?

I responded that my absence the week prior was UNAVOIDABLE. Which was met with stammering and stumbling over words and a whole lot of "Oh. Um. Well that's not what I meant."

Well, even if you didn't MEAN it, you said it.
So obviously you were thinking it.

You know what would make June so much better?
A new job.

4 comments:

  1. What a week. I am sorry that your work wasn't very sympathetic. I knew your last job was bad, but this one doesn't sound much better. Sorry.

    I am sticking with ya! You haven't lost me yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that work hasn't been any better, but trust me I've been there done that. If you ever need/want to get coffee to vent just let me know. I can share with you a few of my work stories too just so you don't feel so alone :) I promise that there has to be something better out there for you and after this experience you will appreciate it all the more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison - Thank you! :)

    Jen - Thanks...I might take you up on that coffee one of these days! :) I am convinced there is something better out there for me....i just have to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is - I promise you that :) And feel free to take me up on it anytime.

    ReplyDelete