4.06.2012

Proud to be a #ClaritinMom!

 the lovely bag o' Claritin I received for being part 
of the Children's Claritn's Moms Crew

Ah, springtime....the trees and flowers are blooming, everyone is mowing the lawn, and if you suffer from seasonal allergies, you're likely suffering from runny eyes, a stuffy and itchy nose, and constant sneezing. Yep, springtime and allergies go hand in hand. 

Ah-choo!

Around here, Olivia's allergies have been awful ... lots of sneezing, a constantly runny nose, and red, watery eyes. She knows she has to take her allergy medicine every single day. And, thankfully, Olivia hasn't missed any days of school due to her allergies, but other kids probably aren't so lucky. 

Did you know:
- Up to 40% of school children are affected by allergic rhinitis (allergies for all us "non medical" folks), making it one of the most prevalent of all chronic childhood conditions.
- Every year, approximately 2 millions school days are missed due to the symptoms of seasonal and indoor (dust, mold, and pet dander) allergies.
- Daytime symptoms of allergies may cause children to have difficulty concentrating and learning in school - and nighttime symptoms may cause sleep loss, leading to daytime drowsiness. (Thanks to Claritin for sharing these facts with me!)

Oh yeah...daytime drowsiness...we have that here. Olivia has been so tired lately - and I'm blaming the allergies. Heck, I blame the allergies for everything around here. But, I know how tired I feel when I'm having a bad allergy day, so I can relate when Olivia says "I'm so tired all the time!" (Another great bonus of Children's Claritin - it's non-drowsy! It's one of the many reasons we love our Children's Claritin.)

Allergies suck, plain and simple. There's nothing fun about having allergies, but there are things we can do to make our kids feel better. And, this is why I'm so excited to be part of the Children's Claritin Moms Crew - I have the chance to connect with moms all around the US and we can share our stories and experiences dealing with seasonal allergies. And, I get to share lots of great information and tips with you, my readers!

Happy Allergy (Free) Season. 
Ah-choo! 

Disclosure: As a member of the Children's Claritin Moms Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place, and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment