4.29.2012

Sunday night Pinterest wisdom


I like this thought a lot, probably because I admittedly spend countless hours wondering, imagining, and obsessing about all that could go wrong, might go wrong, or how I might not live up to my own TypeA-control freak-perfectionist standards. I need to remind myself that as much as I want to be IN CONTROL, for the most part I am NOT in control. Not even close. And, I need to remind myself to breathe.


I sometimes find myself thinking "well, this isn't how I imagined it"...especially when thinking about the odd path my professional life has taken. Growing up I always thought I'd find a CAREER I really, really loved and stay there forever. Or at least for 10 years or so. Why? Because that's what people do. But not me. Nope. To date, the longest I've stayed at a job was 3 1/2 years. The least amount of time I've spent at a job was two months .. and that was two years ago. And I'm talking about a JOB...which is not the same as a CAREER. It used to be that a person could say "I do XYZ and that's my career." My career? I'm a writer. I just don't get paid to do it. Yet. My job? The thing that (eventually) will help pay bills. I think I need to combine the two. :)


Oh boy. I despise being wrong. I loathe being wrong. But, when I am wrong...I will admit it. Eventually. It's not an easy thing to admit ... especially when one is a Type A-control freak-perfectionist like me. But I'm working on it. Someday I'll be able to freely admit when I'm wrong. Maybe.

And that my friends is just a little bit of Pinterest wisdom.
Happy Pinning! 


No comments:

Post a Comment