9.07.2012

Another week flies by...and happy birthday to The Fishbowl!

Seriously.
I don't mean to neglect this blog.

Somehow I managed to write TWO posts last Friday in the span of an hour and then BAM! An entire week goes by and while I have a lot to say, I never find the time to sit down and blog.

I even forgot to "celebrate" this blog's "blogiversary.".
My little "Fishbowl" turned SEVEN years old yesterday.

Holy crap.
I've been blogging for seven years.
That almost makes me a "real" blogger, right?
(LOL)

I have no good excuse for not writing.
I've been sick all week.
I've tried to work this week - with little success.
I've had physical therapy.
Oh and Monday WAS a holiday.

The kids are both in school now so really I should have a lot more time to write, right?
Yeah. Not so much.
My day goes a little something like this...

Wake up at 6:30, shower, get dressed, pack lunches, get kids ready for school, have first cup of coffee, check email/Twitter/Facebook, stand at bus stop, put kids on bus, come back inside house, check email/Twitter/Facebook again, have second cup of coffee, sign in to work email by 9 a.m., deal with client emails/Twitter/Facebook, check my own email/Twitter/Facebook, check work email again and realize it's 11 a.m. and my clients are all ignoring me, wander downstairs, eat a bowl of cereal for lunch, check The Weather Channel for any impeding hurricanes, head back to upstairs to the office, check work email again and realize west coast clients have finally answered the email I sent them yesterday while east coast clients are still not answering any emails, post client stuff to Twitter/Facebook/Pinterest, check personal email/Twitter/Facebook, send more emails to clients, realize it's 3 p.m and the kids are on their way home, do homework between 3:30 and 4:30 p.m., cook dinner, clean kitchen, help with bath time, check work email one more time because it's ONLY4:30 p.m. on the west coast and I'm sure my client is going to need something RIGHT NOW, put kids to bed at 8 p.m., collapse on couch and think: DAMN. I DIDN'T BLOG AGAIN TODAY.

Yeah.
Somehow I thought working from home would give me more "me" time.
It's a lie.
That doesn't happen.

That laundry I did last weekend?
Yeah.
It's STILL sitting in the laundry basket, waiting to be hung in the closet.
I keep hoping it's going to hang itself on the hangers. So far, no dice.

And honestly, I spend my ENTIRE day staring at my computer for work. So when it's "quitting time"...I step away from the laptop. And well, it's really hard to blog without a computer. (ha).

I need to get back into the swing of things.
Again.
I have a lot to blog about.
Hell, I'm even considering starting another blog where I can let loose all my political ramblings. It would be "safer" than doing it here, believe me.

Anyway....happy blogiversary to The Fishbowl.
And for those of you still coming by to "visit"...thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment