6.17.2014

Summer


It's that time of year again - summer vacation!

We spent the first week of our summer vacation in the Outer Banks. It was a much-needed vacation after the #WinterFromHell that we had here in northwest Ohio.

My OBX vacation consisted of waking at 5:30 a.m. to see the sunrise every day (just look at it...I guarantee you'd be up that early too!). Then I drank coffee on the deck of our beach house, sat by the pool reading and drinking tropical drinks, and walked on the beach collecting shells.

Oh, and I ate a lot of seafood.

It was relaxing and gorgeous and wonderful.

And now I'm back to the reality of work and the kids taking religious education classes for the next two weeks, and golf lessons, and laundry. Lots and lots of laundry. ;)

But you know what? I'm OK with all of that. I love that I have a job where I can work from home (currently I'm sitting at my kitchen table surrounded by papers and notebooks and Laffy Taffy while the kids play in the basement). Reality isn't so bad when you love your job!

It seems crazy that we're already halfway through June, but times flies when you're having fun. Or something like that. And so for the next two months I'm going to enjoy being a short order cook at lunchtime and hanging out with the kids.

Plus, in less than 60 days we're headed to Disney World!

Happy Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment