1.09.2016

Twelve

Today Olivia turns 12.

Let that sink in for a few minutes.

My first born is TWELVE YEARS OLD.

I'm not sure I'm ready for my "baby" to be 12 but there's no stopping time. (And she was technically only 11 in that photo but I loooove that picture of Liv!).

So let's talk about Olivia for a few minutes...

She's quiet and kind and brilliant and beautiful.

She used to be very shy but she is slowly coming out of her shell - you should see her perform on stage! The little girl who used to cry when she had to do a Christmas pageant at age 4 is graceful and gorgeous on stage now as a ballerina.

Of course, Olivia is still quiet. I'm not sure that will ever change. But that's what makes her special.

Did I mention that she's smart? I'm talking this kid has BRAINS. Watching her figure out math problems is rather impressive. Also: she didn't get that from me. ;)

This girl is also resilient. She's had her fair share of health issues in her 12 years but she handles them like a pro. I'm hoping she can continue to do that. I tell her all the time - you aren't different, you're special.

And now, I can't believe that in just one year I'll have a teenager in the house! I'm quite certain the next 12 months will be challenging, dramatic, fun, and full of adventure.

Happy 12th birthday Olivia. We love you to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment