11.08.2016

Election Day

Today has been rather surreal.
And it's ONLY 9 a.m.

My day started at 5 a.m. when I was interviewed on the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire Programme.
In the United Kingdom.

So....long story short: Yesterday a reporter from the BBC contacted me via Twitter to ask if I would be interested in being interviewed as a "swing state" voter on this BBC current affairs show. I said yes and then spoke to the reporter for about 30 minutes on the phone.

Today, I had to be up at 4:30 to be ready for my Skype call from the BBC.
(How weird does that sound?!?)

I was part of a panel that included another Hillary supporter from Florida, a very angry Trump supporter from Nevada, and a 21-year-old college student from Iowa who was voting for Trump because he hated Hillary. Yes, really.

In all, I think I spoke for about one minute (maybe two) but it was still super cool.
I got interviewed on the freaking BBC!

And then I went to vote.
At 6:30 a.m.
With the kids and Kevin.

It was really cool to see a rather long line at the polling place.
And it was REALLY amazing to vote for Hillary.
History was made with that vote. 

Here's hoping for the right result tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment